The Queens College Library is pleased to announce its new subscription to JoVE | Education Biology. The Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) is a leader in publishing quality science videos with a focus on promoting scientific research and education. The JoVE | Education Biology subscription includes access to the following:
- JoVE Core | Biology: This section has over 300 concise and easy-to-understand animated video lessons that explain key concepts in biology, plus more than 150 scientist-in-action videos that show actual research experiments conducted in today’s laboratories.
- JoVE Core | Molecular Biology: Showcases the molecular processes of the cell through clear and concise animated video lessons. Additionally, in scientist-in-action videos, these concepts’ application is demonstrated through real experiments in modern laboratories.
- JoVE Lab Manual Biology: Comprehensive, curriculum-focused videos for both instructors and students in introductory biology lab courses.
- JoVE Science Education | Basic Biology: Basic Biology is a streaming video database that focuses on basic biology topics specifically related to laboratory techniques and methods.
- JoVE Science Education | Advanced Biology: Advanced Biology contains videos for the teaching of a variety of topics in advanced biology, including neuroscience, developmental biology, genetics, cell biology, immunology and microbiology.
JoVE resources are accessible via the following portals:
Please note that you will be prompted to sign in to the library’s proxy to access the content. You may sign into the proxy using your CUNY Credentials, the same that you use for Blackboard. The following FAQ provides more information on how to sign into the proxy.
Access is valid from May 1st 2021, through May 31st 2022. Users are advised to complete the Electronic Resources Access Form or email us at, email@example.com should they encounter any issues.