The Library provides numerous services to assist students and faculty in their work. Many services involve Borrowing traditional materials, such as books, from the QC libraries, other CUNY libraries, or from libraries around the country through Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad).
A full range of Computing options are available including laptops for loan, wireless Internet access, and standard pc workstations with Office applications. Our Multimedia Commons makes available audio and visual material as well as technology for media creation and modification.
Asking for Help
If the answer to your question is not listed below, then please use the following to ask for help:
- To make a general inquiry or to ask a research question: Ask a Librarian
- To contact someone directly: Faculty & Staff Directory
- To talk to someone: (718) 997-3700
Questions About Library Services
- How do I login with my laptop?
- You need a wireless card to connect to the campus network and the Internet, and a QC computer account to access library resources. Information about using the campus network can be found on the Queens College Computing page.
- How do I get a Blackboard account?
- Go to the The BlackBoard Course Management System.
- Do you have scanners?
- Library scanners are located on Level One and on Level Two in the Media Center.
- Do you have fax machines?
- The Copy Center at the Student Union has fax machines.
- What is the CUNY portal?
- The CUNY portal is a gateway to all things CUNY: College websites, information about applying to CUNY, registering for classes, events, campus directories, etc. For more information visit the CUNY portal site.
- Where are the public phones?
- You can find public phones in the Libary Lobby.
- Where can I find a place to eat on the weekends?
- There are snack machines in the Lobby of Level Two. The Library Café is open from 9AM to 3PM on Saturday only. You also can find some restaurants on Kissena Blvd. within walking distance.
- Where is the Bookstore?
- The Queens College Bookstore is only accessible online.
Levels 4, 5, and 6 of the Library have been designated for quiet study. Please be quiet in these areas.
Group Study Rooms Available
Please inquire at the Borrowing Desk, Level 3.
Consumption of Food and Drink
Water in re-sealable bottles is allowed in the Library.
Library patrons with food or uncovered beverage containers will be directed to the Library Café.
Power Cords and Public Safety
When using a portable computer or other electronic device, please do not lay power cords across pathways.
Cell Phone Use
Please do not use cell phones in Quiet Areas.
What You Can Do
- Observe the Library’s food and drink policy
- Do not talk on cell phones in designated quiet areas
- Dispose of your trash properly
- Report any spills to library staff for clean-up
- Cooperate with library staff and Campus Security personnel
Please respect your fellow library users and your Library. Help make Rosenthal Library a cleaner, healthier, and better place to study and work!
For more information, please contact: