The Library provides numerous services to assist students and faculty in their work. Many services involve Borrowing traditional materials, such as books, from the QC libraries, other CUNY libraries, or from libraries around the country through Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad).
A full range of Computing options are available including laptops for loan, wireless Internet access, and standard pc workstations with Office applications.
Queens College is committed to ensuring full access for all library patrons. If you have a disability and require assistance accessing library materials, please go to the Borrowing Desk at the main entrance on Level 3, or call 718-997-3702 for further assistance.
Services to Students with Disabilities
The Benjamin S. Rosenthal Library, completed in 1988, is an architecturally barrier-free facility: rampways, quad handled doors, and punch-pad doors at each ground-level public entry promote easy access to the building. Elevators to all levels and wide main aisles give access to all six floors. Wheelchair accessible rest rooms and water fountains further facilitate full use of the building for all patrons.
The library houses an assistive technology workstation equipped with Zoomtext, Freedom Scientific Jaws, Microsoft Office, Kurzweil 3000, Adobe Acrobat Reader, SPSS, and TextHelp, and also two Optelec readers for the visually impaired. The equipment is installed in the Library Media Center, Room 101, adjacent to the elevator bank on Level 1. The library also provides eight (8) wheelchair-accessible workstations in the Library Computer Commons on Level 2.
When necessary, materials may be paged from the main floor Borrowing desk. The Queens College Libraries cooperate closely with the campus Office of Special Services for Students with Disabilities. Individual tours can be arranged for students registered with this Office.
For more information contact Syed Hasan, Disabled Student Services, at 718-997-5708.
Asking for Help
If the answer to your question is not listed below, then please use the following to ask for help:
- To make a general inquiry or to ask a research question: Ask a Librarian
- To contact someone directly: Faculty & Staff Directory
- To talk to someone: (718) 997-3700
Questions About Library Services
- How do I login with my laptop?
- You need a wireless card to connect to the campus network and the Internet, and a QC computer account to access library resources. Information about using the campus network can be found on the Queens College Computing page.
- How do I get a Blackboard account?
- Go to the The BlackBoard Course Management System.
- Do you have scanners?
- Library scanners are located on Levels 2 and 3.
- What is the CUNY portal?
- The CUNY portal is a gateway to all things CUNY: College websites, information about applying to CUNY, registering for classes, events, campus directories, etc. For more information visit the CUNY portal site.
- Where is the Bookstore?
- The Queens College Bookstore is only accessible online.
Levels 4, 5, and 6 of the Library have been designated for quiet study. Please be quiet in these areas.
Group Study Rooms Available
Please inquire at the Borrowing Desk, Level 3.
Power Cords and Public Safety
When using a portable computer or other electronic device, please do not lay power cords across pathways.
Cell Phone Use
Please do not use cell phones in Quiet Areas.
What You Can Do
- Do not talk on cell phones in designated quiet areas
- Dispose of your trash properly
- Report any spills to library staff for clean-up
- Cooperate with library staff and Campus Security personnel
Please respect your fellow library users and your Library. Help make Rosenthal Library a cleaner, healthier, and better place to study and work!
For more information, please contact: