Photocopying, Printing & Scanning
Printing and copying services are located in the Print & Copy Center on Level 2.
Print jobs may be initiated from any public computer. Guests can send print jobs from the “Kiosk” stations located on every level of the library. Guest print cards can be purchased in the Print & Copy Center.
Printing and Copying services are managed by Information Technology Services. For further questions and assistance related to these services contact the ITS help desk at (718) 997-4444.
Printing is also available at all computer labs on campus.
When photocopying materials protected by copyright, please consider the following informative resources:
- “What should I know about Copyright and Fair Use?”, from the Queens College Center for Teaching & Learning.
- (C)opyright @ CUNY, a collection of resources chosen by the CUNY Office of Library Services to help you make decisions that encourage both information creation and information sharing.
- The Copyright Law of the United States of America and related laws contained in Title 17 of the United States Code.
During the semester, staff are available in the Print & Copy Center Monday through Friday between 9AM and 6PM to help students who have questions about printing or copying. Check near the copiers.
Library Laptops for Loan to QC Students
Rosenthal Library has purchased laptop computers with funds made available through the CUNY/QC student technology fee. These laptops are equipped with wireless network cards for use wherever the campus wireless network exists. Wireless is available throughout the Library and much of campus.
The laptops have Microsoft Windows™ and the Microsoft Office™ Professional Suite of programs. QC students can use the laptops for word processing and other MS Office functions, accessing Library databases, and accessing the Internet. Accessing Library databases or the Internet require a QC computer account. The laptops may be charged out at the Media desk on Level 1 of Rosenthal Library.
Only currently enrolled students with no holds on their library records are allowed to charge out a laptop. Laptop loan policies are available at the Level 1 Media desk.
Who May Borrow
Queens College students, with a currently validated QC ID and a library barcode, may borrow laptops if there are no outstanding fines or overdue books on your record.
Laptops can be borrowed from the Multimedia Commons Service Desk on Level 1 for use inside and outside Rosenthal Library.
At the time the laptop is checked out you will be asked to complete and sign a Loan Liability Agreement accepting responsibility for loss or damage to the computer and the constituent parts while the laptop is charged out to you. Please allow at least ten minutes to check out the computer and sign the agreement. At the time of checkout, the laptop will be turned on so that you can see it is issued to you in good working condition.
- Laptops are available to Queens College undergraduate and graduate students only.
- Laptops can be borrowed for a five-hour period.
- A sub-set of these wireless laptops are available for a twenty-one day loan period to the graduate level students only.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only one laptop will be charged out per user.
- Laptops will not be renewed if there are no other laptops available for loan at the time. Because there is a multiple hour battery recharging time, laptops may be on hand but not available for loan.
- It is not possible to reserve a laptop for a specific time.
- All laptops are due back one hour before the Multimedia Commons Service Desk closes.
- The last check out time for a laptop is one and one half hours (1½ hrs) before the Multimedia Service Desk closes. This is a half-hour loan.
- Click here for library hours.
All laptops must be returned in person to a Service Desk staff member on Level 1. Do not put laptops in the bookdrop. Do not leave them on the Level 1 Service Desk, the Music Library Service Desk, or at any other library service desk.
At the time of check-in a Library staff member inventory all the physical components (external drives, battery, mouse, etc.). You will be notified if there are any problems with a laptop you return.
Be sure to save your work to your floppy/CD and remove your floppy disk/CD before returning the laptop. All documents or files saved on the hard drive of the laptop will be erased when the laptop is returned.
Overdue fines and replacement/damage fees
- Overdue fines are ($30.00) per hour or any portion of an hour.
- Borrower is responsible for the replacement costs of the laptop if it is lost or stolen.
- Borrower is responsible for all repair costs if the laptop or its components are damaged or made inoperable while the laptop is checked out to the borrower.
- Do not leave the laptop unattended. You are responsible for the loss, theft and/or damage of the laptop while it is checked out to you.
- Laptops have BRL/QC identification numbers on them and have been listed with the 107th Precinct, NYPD.
- You will be given a copy of your dated loan agreement. You must show it to a Security Guard when you leave the Library. Otherwise, you will be detained.
Music Library Computer Services
The Music Library has eighteen public computers. The lower floor also has eight stations without computers. Each station has two electrical outlets and one Ethernet port (cable not included) for patrons who choose to bring their own laptops. Students can access all Queens College and CUNY catalogs and resources as well as the Internet. The sixteen computers downstairs can play CDs and DVDs, have Finale and Sibelius software programs installed for use, and four computers have MIDI-Keyboards. As a courtesy to fellow patrons, please use headphones whenever listening to music. Headphones may be checked out at the Circulation desk or patrons may use their own.
The lower floor also has eight stations without computers — at each of these, two electrical outlets and one Ethernet port (cable not included) are made available for patrons who choose to bring their own laptops.
While students are welcome to check their email and surf the web on these computers priority needs to be given to patrons who are doing research.
Music Library Laptop Loans
- Loan Period
- 5 hours
- Overdue Fees
- $30 per day per item
- Replacement Fees
- Current actual price of a new laptop and/or charger similar to the loaned laptop in terms of quality, durability, and performance
Patrons will sign a laptop agreement indicating that they understand and agree to comply with the policies and procedures of the Music Library.
The patron must bring the laptop and charger to the Music Library. Laptops will not be renewed if there are no other laptops available for loan at the return time. Laptop must be checked in one hour prior to closing.
For more information contact email@example.com.
Music Library Printing
Print jobs may be initiated from any college workstation in the Music Library, including the laptops circulated by the Music Library.
- The pay-to-print station is located on the bottom floor.
- The photocopier is located on the main floor of the Music Library in the copy room and makes 8½ x 11 and 8½ x 14 copies and scan materials to an email inbox free of charge.
Printing is not free in the Music Library. Current students, staff, and faculty can print items from any computer in the Music Library to the pay-to-print station. You will be required to create a password to retrieve your materials at the pay-to-print station. Once you have sent materials to the printer, you will need to log into the pay-to-print station with the password you created and pay using your QC ID prior to receiving your printed materials. A Q-Card (college ID) or a Print Card (for non QC patrons), which can be purchased at the Q-Card Office in the One Stop Center, is required to pay for printing.
The photocopier also uses Q-Cards (college ID) to pay for copies. To add money to your ID, go to the QCard Office.