Connect with a QC Librarian
Use the Get Research Help! chat box to the right to consult with a Queens College librarian Monday – Thursday 11am-8pm and Sat/Sun 12-4pm.
You can also use the Ask a Librarian form on this page to submit a question and receive a reply within 24 hours.
24/7 Chat Reference
Use the “Ask Us a Question” chat box on the library homepage to connect with a nationwide network of librarians that you can help you with your information needs, 24/7.
If you have a very specialized question and would like to consult with a specialist in your discipline, please use our directory to find the appropriate person. He or she will be happy to schedule an appointment to work with you. Please note that this may take longer than the other options.
- Overview of Research & Resources
- For information about the research process and an overview of how to use the resources the library offers, please see this set of tutorials. It includes information on starting your research, using the catalog and databases, citing your sources, and much more.
- For Research in a Specific Subject Area
- For a quick summary on research in a specific subject area, use our Subject Guides. They contain research subject guides to academic subjects like English Literature, as well as course guides for research in a particular course.
- To Find Books
- To find books, media, and other material owned by the QC Libraries and other CUNY libraries, search the CUNY Catalog.
- To Find Articles
- To find articles on a topic, search the Databases. Databases list scholarly journal articles, popular magazine and newspaper articles, as well as reviews, book essays, theses, and research papers. For guidance on selecting an appropriate database in your discipline, please see our Subject Guides.
- To Locate a Specific Article
- To locate an article when you already have the citation, you have two options:
- Search the CUNY Catalog to find both electronic and paper copies of journals the library holds. Select Title Begins With in the box on the left and type the journal title in the search box. Helpful hint: Journals and magazines are called serials in the catalog.
- Search Electronic Journals for the full-text periodicals we have online. Search for the periodical title. Then check whether we own the periodical for the year and issue which contains the article you need.
For more information, please contact: