Online Request Forms
Course Content Request (NEW all-in-one form)
Faculty can use this form to request any type of required course content (ebooks, echapters, articles, streaming films, etc.)
For managing your course site, or for technical concerns, contact: Ms. Alida Marcu
Our Reserve Collection has required readings, videos, and other course materials assigned by Queens College faculty.
What You Need to Know
Material which CAN be placed on Reserve
- Books and/or book chapters – print and electronic, (personal copies are accepted);
- Media (original personal copies are accepted);
- Articles- print and electronic;
- Course ephemera: Syllabus, assignments, etc.
- Student papers—you must include a written permission signed by the student. For a copy of the form, click here: Student Papers Request.
Material which CANNOT be placed on Reserve
- Scans of entire books;
- Other Library material;
- Interlibrary Loan books;
- and Library periodicals.
Passwords will be assigned for every course page. It will be the instructor’s responsibility to disseminate the password to the students. Staff will not distribute passwords to students.
The Library will comply with the current Copyright Guidelines for CUNY Libraries.
Course Management by the Library
The Library will place material on reserve at the request of the instructor for the educational use of students. Free electronic access will be limited to the instructor and students. A copyright notice—for photocopied material and electronic material—will be available for each item. Access to material will be removed at the end of the semester unless the course is renewed for the following semester.
Course Management by You
Faculty wishing to manage their own E-Res course site must provide Reserve Processing Staff with a completed and signed Course Management Application. This includes assuming responsibility for copyright for the items you place on your E-Res course site. The following can be used as guidelines for copyright compliance: Copyright Policies and Guidelines for CUNY Libraries.
Loan Periods and Fines
Reserve Collection items constitute a special collection intended for multiple users. There are a limited number of copies of each item on reserve. Loan periods and fines are set to promote equal and fair access for all members of the College community.
- 10¢ per minute per item overdue ($6.00 per hour per item overdue) based on a 24-hour period.
Information for Faculty
Submission deadlines are posted below. Requests submitted after these deadlines will be processed on a “first come, first serve” basis—please keep in mind that new book orders may require up to several weeks to process. Material that must be located or recalled will require additional time.
The deadlines for submission of requests are:
- May 15 for Summer Session I/II
- July 15 for Fall Semester
- December 15 for Spring Semester
What you must provide
In order for your materials to be processed and made available to your students at the start of the semester, please follow these guidelines:
One request form must be submitted for each item you want on Reserve with
- a complete citation filled out on the form,
- your date needed by filled out on the form,
- a syllabus for your course with your requests.
Photocopies to be scanned must be very good quality and include a complete citation typed or clearly printed on the first page.
Forms to Print
- Book Request
- Book Chapter Request
- Journal Article Request
- Video Request
- Reserves Renewal Request
- Instructor’s Course Materials
- Student Papers Request (Signature required)
- Course Management Application
For more information, please contact: