As part of our Reserves / Course Content support, the Reserves collection makes available to students required course materials assigned by Queens College faculty. An E-Reserves course site is created in Course Reserves for any material that faculty request be placed on Reserves.
Reserves Request Forms: Quick Access
E-Reserves Request: ask for required e-books, e-book chapters, articles, e-videos, etc.
Instructions for E-Reserves Request
- Personal Info: yours as course instructor
- Course Info: course dept/number and course name
- Item Info and Display Info: after selecting the Type of material (e.g. Book, Article, Media, etc.) click “GO” to enter the citation
After you “Submit” the request you may:
- Request Another item for the same course, or
- Change Course, or
- Start Over
If you have questions about filling out our new form, just email us at: email@example.com!
Reserves Renewal Request: ask us to re-use Reserves material from a previous semester
Course Management Application: apply to manage your E-Reserves course site yourself
Student Papers Request: obtain student permission to share their work with course students
Material which CAN be placed on Reserves
- E-Books: Physical books are NOT currently available, neither Library volumes, nor Faculty personal volumes
- E-Book Chapters, or scanned Book Chapters (PDFs, or full-text links)
- Articles (PDFs, or full-text links)
- E-Videos (Streaming Films):Physical videos are NOT currently available, neither Library owned videos, nor Faculty personal copies
- Instructor’s Course Material: Syllabus, Assignments, etc.
- Student Papers: You must complete a Student Papers Request that registers the student’s permission and your responsibility for the paper’s course use
Material which CANNOT be placed on Reserves
- Interlibrary Loan books
- Library periodical issues or volumes
- Scan of an entire book
How to Request Material be placed on Reserves
For your course materials to be processed and made available to your students at the start of the semester, please follow these submission Guidelines and Deadlines:
- One E-Reserves Request form (see the instructions above) must be submitted for each item, and should include:
- as complete a citation as possible
- your start visibility date when it should be available for student use
- You must submit your course Syllabus (PDF or Doc file) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you submit PDFs of scanned material they must be very good quality, and include a complete citation clearly visible on the first page
Please note that once physical Reserves is accessible it may take extra time to locate or recall physical Library material. New book orders, in physical or electronic format, may require several weeks to process. Requests submitted after deadlines will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
May 1st for Summer Sessions I and II
August 1st for Fall Semester
December 1st for Winter Semester
January 1st for Spring Semester
E-Reserves Course Management by the Library
The Library will place material on an E-Reserves site we maintain at your request as the course instructor. Reserves materials are for the educational use of students in the course. The Library will follow the current CUNY guidelines for Fair Use and Copyright: Librarians
- Free electronic access will be limited to the course instructor and students
- A copyright notice for scanned electronic material will be applied to each item
- Material will be removed from E-Reserves at the end of the semester, unless the course is renewed with a Reserves Renewal Request.
- We will assign every course page a password and share it with you
- You will need to inform your students of the password
- Library personnel are NOT permitted to share passwords with students
E-Reserves Course Management by You
- To manage your own E-Reserves course site you must submit a completed Course Management Application
- You will assume responsibility for copyright for the items you place on your E-Reserves site
- We suggest you follow the CUNY guidelines for Fair Use and Copyright: Faculty and Staff
- Once you have an account, login here to manage your site
Questions and Help
For help with managing your E-Reserves site or making links to E-Reserves material from your Blackboard or LMS course site, or for questions about Reserves requests or renewals, contact our Reserves Specialists, Alida Marcu or Angelica Diaz.