Visiting the Library
To enhance campus security, the following policy has been put in place:
- All QC students, faculty, and staff must show their current Queens College QCard ID.
- All CUNY patrons must present their currently validated CUNY ID card.
- Access is also permitted for current faculty and students of Empire State College with a valid Empire State College identification card.
- Currently active Queens College Alumni.
- Minor children accompanied by a CUNY patron with appropriate CUNY identification.
- Other individuals with an ongoing need for access are encouraged to apply for membership in the Friends of the Library program. A Friends membership will be issued at the Borrowing desk upon completion of an application form (please present a valid government issued I.D.) and the successful processing of your Friends fee (cash only).
- The use of the Rosenthal Library Level II Commons during hours when the rest of the building is closed is limited to Queens College QCard ID Card holders. QC “Friends of the Library” cards are not official Queens College identification:
- They cannot be used for library or reading room access beyond regular open hours.
- They cannot be used for remote access to library databases.
- PUBLIC ACCESS TO CUNY LIBRARIES
If you are a member of the public desiring access to research information held in the CUNY library system, your best bet is to check first with local public libraries (New York Public Library, Brooklyn Public Library, or Queens Library) to see if the desired information is available there. If the public libraries do not have the title you need, and they see that CUNY does, they may then provide you with a referral to CUNY in the form of a Metro card that cites the unique title of the reference source you need from CUNY. Without this METRO referral or a valid CUNY ID, you do not have access to campus libraries. In no case may non-CUNY researchers remove materials from the libraries.
So that the Library can assist you in finding any Government Documents Depository items you need, please call the Borrowing desk ahead of time at (718) 997-3702 to schedule an appointment.
For additional information on accessing CUNY library materials please see the CUNY Libraries Policy Guide.
Visiting the Campus
Computing & Printing Options
Guest “Kiosks” are located on every floor of the library, typically close to the elevators on every level. Printing facilities for guests are available at these Kiosk stations located on every level of the library.
Guest print cards can be purchased in the Print & Copy Center on Level 2.
Please visit the Information Desk for details on how to login to the QWIFI Wireless Network.
For more information, please contact: