Queens College is a member of ICPSR – Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research. At the beginning of 2023, it was our library data services’ pleasure to introduce ICPSR’s recent data events and resources to our community.
New data experiences and resources
ICPSR has recently launched some exciting new data experiences, like ResearchDataGov and the Millennium Challenge Corporation Evidence Platform. New, eagerly awaited resources like the Social Media Archive are just around the corner. ICPSR supports the next generation of data users with more housing and scholarship opportunities through its Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research (aka “stats nerd camp”). And the ICPSR Biennial Meeting will be held this October.
Fill up your calendar for the upcoming events
- January 24: Incorporating Geography into NSECE Analyses: Linking Geography-based External Data
- January 25: Incorporating Geography into NSECE Analyses: Defining Communities in the NSECE
- January 26: College and Beyond II: A New Data Resource for Studying Higher Education
- January 31: ICPSR Research Paper Competition Submissions Due
- February 1: Scholarship application deadline for ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods
- February 13 – 17: Love Data Week
- February 13: Webinar: Navigating the New NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy with ICPSR’s NIH-funded Projects: DSDR, NACDA, and NAHDAP