Now accepting applications for the Spring 2023 Open Educational Resources Faculty Fellowship!
The Queens College Library is pleased to invite applications for the Spring 2023 cohort. To date, more than 100 Queens College faculty from 33 departments have participated in the OER Faculty Fellowship, developing their pedagogical practice in an interdisciplinary environment while saving QC students an estimated $1.5 million in textbook costs. We are excited to expand our community!
- Through the Fellowship program, participants will:
- Find and evaluate openly licensed teaching resources
- Assemble organized and easily modified syllabi
- Create accessible resources
- Explore the principles and practice of open pedagogy
- Enact social justice by reducing economic barriers to student success
- Earn $2,500 (paid during the summer term)
Faculty selected for participation in the fellowship program will be expected to:
- Participate in four 90-minute workshops (10am on February 17, March 10, March 31, and April 28)
- Develop a fully OER or ZTC course (materials due June 6, 2023)
- Teach at least one section of the OER or ZTC course in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
- Submit course materials to one of our institutional repositories
- Write a brief (200-500 word) end-of-fellowship narrative (due June 6, 2023)
Previous Fellows are encouraged to apply for a fast-track Returning Fellowship, which includes a 90-minute refresher workshop and a $2,000 stipend.