Music Library Study Room Policies & Procedures
The Music Library has two rooms (125a and 125c) available to students for group study (for no more than 8 people at a time) on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. Only patrons with a valid Queens College ID may use these rooms.
Study rooms may be reserved for classes. In such cases, any individuals using the study room will be notified and given appropriate time to vacate.
When using group study rooms please observe the following guidelines:
- The rooms will be closed one hour before closing.
- Patrons must vacate the room for scheduled classes and for those who reserved the room online.
- Please keep the rooms clean and tidy.
- If you use the whiteboard, please erase it.
- If you have trash, please throw it away in a trash can outside of rooms 125a and 125c.
- Please do not bring or eat food in the room.
- Only drinks in sealable containers, such as screw-top bottles, are allowed (paper coffee cups with lids are not allowed).
- Please keep the noise to a minimum as a courtesy of those using the Media Center. The study rooms are not soundproof.
- If you would like to listen to music or watch a video, please use your personal headphones or check out headphones from the circulation desk. The speakers in both rooms are not for student use without permission from the Music Library staff.
- The pianos may not be used. If you need a piano, please request a practice room from the Aaron Copland School of Music office.
- Please keep the doors unlocked and blinds up.
- Campus security and library staff reserve the right to enter the room at all times.
- Inappropriate behavior or failure to comply with these policies will result in the loss of study room access.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.