Music Library Study Room Policies & Procedures
The Music Library has two rooms (125a and 125c) available to students for group study (for no more than 8 people at a time) on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. Only patrons with a valid Queens College ID may use these rooms.
Patrons may reserve rooms via the online reservation system with their Queens College user account. Walk-in room requests are also available at the circulation desk. Classes, senior concentration exams, and room reservations will take priority over walk-in requests.
If you have reserved one of the rooms, at the time of your reservation go to the circulation desk for access. A staff member will open the room for you.
If you would like to use a room but did not make a reservation ask the circulation desk if a room is available. If one is, you may request to use it and a staff member will open the room for you.
Rooms can be reserved for up to two hours at a time. You may “renew” the room by checking in with the circulation desk. If the room has not been reserved for classes or other use you may continue using it. If not, you will need to vacate the room prior to the next class or reservation.
When using group study rooms please observe the following guidelines:
- Do not bring or eat food in the room.
- Drinks in sealable containers, such as screw-top bottles, are allowed (paper coffee cups with lids are not allowed).
- Please keep the noise to a minimum as a courtesy of those using the Media Center.
- Wireless headphones are available for use in room 125a. If you would like to listen to music or watch a video please check out these headphones from the circulation desk. The speakers in both rooms are not for student use without permission from the Music Library staff.
- The pianos may not be used. If you need a piano, please request a practice room from the Aaron Copland School of Music office.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.