by Michael Deering
Welcome to a fresh edition of Culture Watch! We regularly share our picks of free music, dance, theater, lectures, comedy, and other arts and entertainment you can enjoy at home.
- Every Wednesday and Saturday at 3PM: Guggenheim Art Museum teaching artist Jeff Hopkins hosts Sketch with Jeff. Audiences will hear unique stories and facts about the iconic Frank Lloyd Wright building while sketching along with Jeff.
- Tuesday, July 21 at 6PM: The Metropolitan Museum of Art presents Artists on Artworks—Cecily Brown on Gerhard Richter.
- Fridays at 8PM: National Lampoon Live with Harrison Greenbaum brings comedians together for a panel discussion about everything.
- Tuesday, July 21 at 7:30PM: Film on the Radio. Comedians provide live commentary on movies they have never seen before!
- Saturday, July 18 at 7:30PM: The Metropolitan Museum of Art brings Indian classical dance to our homes for the digital premiere of Nrityagram: Samhāra Revisited.
- Friday, July 24: Australian Dance Theatre presents Birdbrain, a “landmark in contemporary Australian dance.” Available for 48 hours.
- Saturdays at 7PM: Ben Folds hosts Saturday Apartment Requests.
- Every Thursday through Sunday at 7:30PM: Dizzy’s Club presents live jazz.
- Wednesdays at 10:30AM: Each week The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center airs The National Radio Series. A different country is featured every broadcast, and prior episodes remain available.
- Poets House presents Language Is a Temptation: Daily Readings from Bernadette Mayer’s Memory. A 3 minute reading will be posted each day in July at 3PM.