- MLS and Certificate in Archives and Preservation of Cultural Materials, Queens College, CUNY, 2020
Caitlin Colban-Waldron is an Archivist and Special Collections Specialist at Queens College. In her role, she works closely with the Head of Special Collections and Archives to preserve and make accessible archival materials across formats, time periods, and subject matter.
She is also an adjunct instructor in the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at Queens College, where she teaches courses about archives using diverse materials from the QC archives.
Before starting this position, Caitlin worked part-time in the Queens College Archives for several years. In addition to QC, she previously worked as the Michael D. Coe Archivist at Planting Fields Foundation, a historic house museum.
Caitlin received her Masters in Library and Information Science and the Archives Certificate from Queens College in 2020. In her time in the Graduate School of Library and Information Studies, her research focused on copyright, digital preservation, and the problems and potential of archival futures.
- LBSCI 730: Archival Appraisal, Arrangement and Access
- LBSCI 790.3: Advanced Archival Practice
Selected Publications and Links
- Behind the Collab: KITH x Special Collections and Archives https://library.qc.cuny.edu/blog/behind-the-collab-kith-x-special-collections-and-archives/
- Treasures from Special Collections: Marie Maynard Daly Yearbook Photo https://library.qc.cuny.edu/blog/treasures-from-special-collections-and-archives-marie-maynard-daly-yearbook-photo/
- Advanced Archival Practicum Provides Real World Experience to Students https://library.qc.cuny.edu/blog/advanced-archival-practicum-provides-real-world-experience-to-students/