Library Laptops for Loan to QC Students
Rosenthal Library has purchased laptop computers with funds made available through the CUNY/QC student technology fee. These laptops are equipped with wireless network cards for use wherever the campus wireless network exists. Wireless is available throughout the Library and much of campus.
The laptops have Microsoft Windows™ and the Microsoft Office™ Professional Suite of programs. QC students can use the laptops for word processing and other MS Office functions, accessing Library databases, and accessing the Internet. Accessing Library databases or the Internet require a QC computer account. The laptops may be charged out at the Media desk on Level 1 of Rosenthal Library.
Only currently enrolled students with no holds on their library records are allowed to charge out a laptop. Laptop loan policies are available at the Level 1 Media desk.
Who May Borrow
Queens College students, with a currently validated QC ID and a library barcode, may borrow laptops if there are no outstanding fines or overdue books on your record.
Laptops can be borrowed from the Multimedia Commons Service Desk on Level 1 for use inside and outside Rosenthal Library.
At the time the laptop is checked out you will be asked to complete and sign a Loan Liability Agreement accepting responsibility for loss or damage to the computer and the constituent parts while the laptop is charged out to you. Please allow at least ten minutes to check out the computer and sign the agreement. At the time of checkout, the laptop will be turned on so that you can see it is issued to you in good working condition.
- Laptops are available to Queens College undergraduate and graduate students only.
- Laptops can be borrowed for a five-hour period.
- A sub-set of these wireless laptops are available for a twenty-one day loan period to the graduate level students only.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only one laptop will be charged out per user.
- Laptops will not be renewed if there are no other laptops available for loan at the time. Because there is a multiple hour battery recharging time, laptops may be on hand but not available for loan.
- It is not possible to reserve a laptop for a specific time.
- All laptops are due back one hour before the Multimedia Commons Service Desk closes.
- The last check out time for a laptop is one and one half hours (1½ hrs) before the Multimedia Service Desk closes. This is a half-hour loan.
- Click here for library hours.
All laptops must be returned in person to a Service Desk staff member on Level 1. Do not put laptops in the bookdrop. Do not leave them on the Level 1 Service Desk, the Music Library Service Desk, or at any other library service desk.
At the time of check-in a Library staff member inventory all the physical components (external drives, battery, mouse, etc.). You will be notified if there are any problems with a laptop you return.
Be sure to save your work to your floppy/CD and remove your floppy disk/CD before returning the laptop. All documents or files saved on the hard drive of the laptop will be erased when the laptop is returned.
Overdue fines and replacement/damage fees
- Overdue fines are ($30.00) per hour or any portion of an hour.
- Borrower is responsible for the replacement costs of the laptop if it is lost or stolen.
- Borrower is responsible for all repair costs if the laptop or its components are damaged or made inoperable while the laptop is checked out to the borrower.
- Do not leave the laptop unattended. You are responsible for the loss, theft and/or damage of the laptop while it is checked out to you.
- Laptops have BRL/QC identification numbers on them and have been listed with the 107th Precinct, NYPD.
- You will be given a copy of your dated loan agreement. You must show it to a Security Guard when you leave the Library. Otherwise, you will be detained.
Music Library Computer Services
The Music Library has eighteen public computers. Two are located on the main floor between reference and periodicals while sixteen additional computers are located on the bottom floor. Students can access all Queens College and CUNY catalogs and resources as well as the Internet. The sixteen computers downstairs can play CDs and DVDs, have Finale and Sibelius software programs installed for use, and two computers have MIDI-Keyboards.
The bottom floor also has eight stations without computers — at each of these, two electrical outlets and one Ethernet port (cable not included) are made available for patrons who choose to bring their own laptops.
While students are welcome to check their email and surf the web on these computers priority needs to be given to patrons who are doing research.
Music Library Laptop Loans
Patrons will sign a laptop agreement indicating that they understand and agree to comply with the policies and procedures of the Music Library.
The patron must bring the laptop and charger to the Music Library. Laptops will not be renewed if there are no other laptops available for loan at the return time. Laptops must be renewed one hour prior to closing.
Patrons will allow adequate time for the Music Library staff to run diagnostics on the laptop. Laptop must be checked in one hour prior to closing.
Music Library iPod Loans
iPods containing music for all four Aaron Copland School of Music listening lists may be checked out for seven days by music majors.
- Loan Period
- 1 week
- Overdue Fees
- $30 per day per item
- Replacement Fees
- current actual price of a new iPod and/or charger similar to the loaned iPod in terms of quality, durability, and performance
Patron will sign an iPod agreement indicating that they understand and agree to comply with the policies and procedures of the Music Library.
The patron must bring the iPod and charger to the Music Library. iPods will not be renewed if there are no other iPods available for loan at the return time. iPods must be renewed one hour prior to closing.
Patrons will allow adequate time for the Music Library staff to run diagnostics on the iPod. iPod must be checked in one hour prior to closing.
Services to Students with Disabilities
The Benjamin S. Rosenthal Library, completed in 1988, is an architecturally barrier-free facility: rampways, quad handled doors, and punch-pad doors at each ground-level public entry promote easy access to the building. Elevators to all levels and wide main aisles give access to all six floors. Wheelchair accessible rest rooms and water fountains further facilitate full use of the building for all patrons.
The library houses an assistive technology workstation equipped with Zoomtext, Freedom Scientific Jaws, Microsoft Office, Kurzweil 3000, Adobe Acrobat Reader, SPSS, and TextHelp, and also two Optelec readers for the visually impaired. The equipment is installed in Room 113, adjacent to the elevator bank on Level 1. The library also provides eight (8) wheelchair-accessible workstations in the Library Computer Commons on Level 2.
When necessary, materials may be paged from the main floor Borrowing desk. The Queens College Libraries cooperate closely with the campus Office of Special Services for Students with Disabilities. Individual tours can be arranged for students registered with this Office.
For more information contact A. B. Chitty, Library Systems Officer, at 718-997-3742 or Syed Hasan, Disabled Student Services, at 718-997-5708.
For questions about Laptops for Loan services contact:
Mr. David Reyes
For more information about Computing contact:
Mr. A.B. Chitty
Library Systems Officer