Information & Research Help
Ask a question by email using the form below, or leave a comment, just as you would at the information or reference desk.
For help with brief questions, call us when the Library is open at (718) 997-3664.
Visit us in our Research Services Room, past the stairs on Level 3 (Room 344). Ideal for all inquiries and available during Library open hours starting at 10 AM Mondays-Thursdays, 11AM Fridays and at 12:00 noon on weekends.
For more subject-specific questions you can ask a Subject Specialist, but this may take more time.
Submit A Question
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I use Library resources from home?
- Make sure your ID card has been activated and sign in with your barcode. If you have any problems with the proxy, please contact our Circulation Desk at (718) 997-3702 or via email.
- Do you have the book I need?
- Search the CUNY Catalog.
- Do you have the article I need?
- Search Electronic Journals, or use the Title begins with search in the CUNY Catalog. In either case, search using the journal title, NOT the article title.
- Where can I find items on reserve?
- Search EReserve by title, course, etc.
- Who may use the Library building and when?
- Consult Visitors and Hours.
- How do I get an item from a CUNY library or from outside of CUNY?
- Borrow CUNY books through CUNY CLICS or borrow other material from non-CUNY libraries through Interlibrary Loan.
- When will an item arrive that I requested from another CUNY library?
- CLICS turnaround time can vary.
- How do I borrow or renew an item, or pay a fee?
- Consult QC Books & Media. You may contact Circulation at (718) 997-3702 or QC_ask_circ@qc.cuny.edu.
For more information, please contact: