The librarians at the Rosenthal Library want to make your session(s) a valuable experience for your students and yourselves. There are a few points to remember when scheduling a class in the Library:
- Please give the Library two weeks advance notice when requesting a particular Library session date. It is a good idea to have an alternate date in mind, in case the Library classrooms on the date you want are already taken.
- The library sessions are most successful when the librarian is given the assignment at the time you are scheduling the class, so that he/she can plan and tailor the instruction to it. The generic classes with no assignment given tend to be less successful, both for the students and the librarian.
- Due to the amount of information the librarians need to teach the students and the limited time available, Library tours are not given during the session. Instead, we request you tell your students to explore the Library website on their own, with its explanatory text and Maps to learn about our services and collections. When a physical tour is preferred, the Library will arrange such tours outside of the library session, through the Instructional Services Office upon request of the instructor.
- Instructors are expected to remain with the class during the duration of the Library session.
- Please tell your students to meet you directly at your designated Library classroom at the appointed day/time.
Instructional Services Office (RO 224) is open Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm.
For more information, please contact: