Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan) is a service Queens College faculty, students and staff may request books, articles and other library materials not available at Queens College.
What can you borrow?
Check the CUNY Catalog.
- Search by book title in the CUNY Catalog.
- Use CLICS (CUNY Book Delivery service) for books available in CUNY.
- Use ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan) for books not available in CUNY.
- Search by journal title in the CUNY Catalog.
- Use ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan) for journals we do not hold OR for issues of a journal that we don't have.
- Because they are generally in high demand at their home institutions, requests for textbooks will not be processed.
Who can use it?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service at Queens College is available to:
- All current or retired faculty
- Currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate students
- Currently employed staff
All other patrons, including Friends of the Library and alumni, please use interlibrary loan at the college at which you’re registered, or the public library system to which you belong.
When will I get it?
- Items usually arrive from two days to two weeks after you make a request.
- The loan period for books is set by the lending library and is usually two to four weeks use.
- Renewals may be requested online through ILLiad. Please be aware lending libraries sometimes refuse renewals. Should that occur, we will let you know of other options.
- Almost all articles are delivered electronically: you have 30 days to view/print/download those files.
Will I need to pay?
- Queens College does not charge for this service: Most items come for free from the lending libraries.
- We always try to get items for free first.
- Some lending libraries do have service fees, usually between $15 and $20. We will notify you if that happens.
- You are never responsible for a fee you haven’t indicated you agree to.
Overdue and Lost Book Fees
- Students pay $1.00 per day in overdue fines.
- Lost book fees in interlibrary loan are determined by the lending library. You, the borrower, remain responsible for all such fees.
- All other Library Circulation policies apply to blocks and loss of Library or registration privileges.
Register for this service and submit requests by using ILLiad.
- Queens College ID card with a barcode on the back.
- Email address; a Queens College email address is required. Click CAMS to get a campus email account if you do not already have one.
- Updated Library Circulation account. Check at the Circulation desk if you are not sure your account is active.
For more information contact:
Prof. Simone Yearwood
Interlibrary Loan Librarian