Citation Style Manuals
On the Web
- APA Formatting and Style Guide (The Owl at Purdue)
- ASA Quick Style Guide
- Citation Guides for Electronic Documents
- Citation Style Guides for Internet Resources
- Citing the World Wide Web in Style
- Karla's Guide to Citation Style Guides
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide (The Owl at Purdue)
- Turabian Citation Guide
In the Library
To illustrate briefly how the styles differ, each book citation below is provided in the style of its own manual.
- ACS (Desk Ref. QD8.5 .A25 1997, 2nd edition)
- Dodd, Janet S., Ed. ACS Style Guide: A Manual for Authors and Editors; Washington, DC: American Chemical Society, 1997.
- APA (Desk Ref. BF76.7 .P83 2010, 6th edition)
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. (2001). Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Assocation.
- APA Concise (Desk Ref. BF76.7 .C66 2005)
- Concise Rules of APA Style. (2005). Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
- ASA (Ref. HM73 .A54 1997)
- American Sociologial Association. 1997. American Sociological Association Style Guide. 2nd ed. Washington, DC: American Sociological Association.
- Chicago (Desk Ref. Z253 .U69 2003, 15th edition)
- Chicago Manual of Style. 2003. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Electronic Styles (Desk Ref. PN171 .F56 .L5 1996, 2nd edition)
- Li, Xia and Nancy Crane. Electronic Styles: A Guide to Citing Electronic Information. Medford, N.J.: Information Today, 1996.
- MLA Handbook (Desk Ref. LB2369 .G53 2003)
- Gibaldi, Joseph. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. New York: Modern Language Association of America, 2003.
- MLA Style Manual (Desk Ref. PN147 .G444 2008)
- Gibaldi, Joseph. MLA Style Manual and Guide for Scholarly Publishing. New York: Modern Langauge Association of America, 2008.
- Turabian (Desk Ref. LB2369 .T8 2007, 7th edition)
- Turabian, Kate. A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2007.
For more information contact:
Prof. Alexandra de Luise
Coordinator of Research Services