- MA in Library and Information Science. Queens College, CUNY
- MA in History. Queens College, CUNY
Obden Mondesir is an Outreach Archivist and Adjunct Lecturer at Queens College, City University of New York, and an Oral Historian working at the Weeksville Heritage Center, a multidisciplinary house museum dedicated to preserving the history of the 19th century Free Black community in Weeksville, Brooklyn, New York.
Obden has a dual M.A. in Library Science and History from Queens College and is the recipient of a West African Research Center Library Fellowship and the Citi Center for Culture + Queens Library Fellowship.
- LBSCI 732 Archives, Manuscripts, and the Shapes of Material History
Selected Publications and Links
- “The Role of Archives in Transformation, Community, and Healing During a Pandemic” by Zakiya Collier, Joyce LeeAnn Joseph, Julia Keiser, and Obden Mondésir
- The Culinary Legacy of Brooklyn’s First Free Black Community
- Power and Oppression in the Archive: Building a Diverse Historical Record through Oral History