- Ph.D. in Information Science. Drexel University, College of Computing and Informatics.
- MA and BFA in English. Brooklyn College, CUNY.
Robin is Assistant Professor, Web and Digital Services Librarian for the Queens College Library (QCL). She has responsibility for the QCL website and the digital services infrastructure for the library.
Robin is an experienced user-centered researcher, technologist, digital librarian, and educator with over 20 years of experience designing, developing, and managing interactive products throughout all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and across multiple platforms (web, mobile, tablet, interactive whiteboard, etc.), including online courses created for public and state libraries, the transition of print to eBooks, interactive whiteboard products for students and teachers learning and teaching English, and elearning courses for test preparation. Her research focuses on human-computer interaction (HCI) and mental models, specifically how to design interactive systems that are useful, easy to use, and enjoyable.
Prior to her current position, Robin ran the digital program for the New York Academy of Medicine Library, where she built a digital lab to digitized rare books and manuscripts and developed the Digital Collections and Exhibits website to share digitized collections.
Subject Liaison To
- User Experience
- User Interface Design
- Mental Models
- Digital Divide
Selected Publications and Links
- Naughton, R. (2015). Teen Library Website Models: Identifying Design Models of Public Library Websites for Teens. The Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults. http://www.yalsa.ala.org/jrlya/2015/08/teen-library-website-models-identifying-design-models-of-public-library-websites-for-teens/
- Naughton, R., & Agosto, D. E. (2012). Favorite websites: Understanding prior knowledge of teens’ mental models of public library websites for teens. Proceedings of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 49, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1002/meet.14504901109
- Naughton, R., & Grafe, M. (2020, May 7). Reach Out and Rethink: User Feedback and the Medical Heritage Library. Librarians, Archivists, and Museum Professionals in the History of the Health Sciences (LAMPHHS), 2020 Virtual Program. https://youtu.be/K0DjYhNE598?t=927
- Naughton, R. (2018, November 16). Beyond a Scan: Exploring the process of digitizing and sharing rare books and manuscripts. SciViz NYC, Leon and Norma Hess Center for Science and Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, 1470 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10029. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT1ikp206Zg&list=PLqLDR0CTP9_ruqEjCMxMR7sq15o3lW1OM&index=13&t=0s